BAVS 2015 welcomes delegates with disabilities. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if there’s anything more we can do to help you access our conference!
- There are 3 disabled parking spaces are available at the front of the main building on campus. They are approximately 50 metres from the main entrance.
- The main entrance has an automatic door with a level entrance point.
- There are also 4 disabled parking spaces available approximately 50 metres from the south entrance to the main building. The south entrance has an automatic door with a level entrance point, though there is a set of steps immediately inside.
- Detailed information about reaching campus, including public transport options is available here. Please note that the campus is approximately 20 minutes walk up hill from Horsforth rail station and the campus shuttle bus does not operate during the summer. The 97 bus from Leeds city centre stops outside the front of the campus, approximately 200 metres from the main entrance.
- There are 10 adapted rooms for delegates with disabilities available on request when booking.
- These rooms are approximately 50 metres from the south entrance to the main building.
- 4 disabled parking spaces are available approximately 100 metres from the disabled accommodation via ramps.
- Accessible toilets are available near the conference rooms and will be clearly signposted.
- A break room will be available for the use of all delegates.
- All conference rooms have a hearing loop installed.
- The campus is fully accessible to wheelchair users. Where there are steps, ramps and/or lifts are provided.
- Campus maps, including the Accessible routes internal map (showing the accessible routes within the main building) will be available in the conference packs. A team of student ambassadors will be on hand to help you find your way around.
- Support workers and carers are exempted from the conference registration fee.
- All assistance dogs are welcome.
If you have any enquiries regarding facilities and services for disabled people at the conference, or would like this document in large print, please contact Susan Anderson using the form below: